Cluster passport: sustainable production of high quality products of animal husbandry through:
- Control over animals’ health and welfare;
- Ensuring bottom up and up down control in the food chain of livestock products productions;
- Implementation of mechanisms for sustainable production of livestock products;
- Assessment of microbiological risks associated with known and new opportunistic microorganisms in the livestock production cycle in connection with climate change and environmental problems;
- Assessment of chemical risk in the process of livestock production in connection with climate change and environmental problems;
- Ecological labelling and ecological criteria;
- Harmonization of national food and ecology legislation with the modern international requirements.
Heads: Ladyka Volodymyr, Rector of Sumy National Agrarian University (SNAU), Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Professor; Viktoriya Kasyanchuk, Doctor of Veterinary Sciences, Professor (SNAU).
Legal address: 160, Kirova St., Sumy, 40021, Ukraine.
Contact e-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
SNAU is a big regional science and education center. Main direction of research activities of the University are relevant to the problems of agriculture and correspond to government programmes of agriculture development. Scientists of SNAU in collaboration with Research Institute of Plant Protection of NAASU, with Institute of Aviculture, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Institute of Agriculture Economics of NAASU, Research Institute of Botany etc. have achieved a number of interesting, practically valuable research results.
The University cooperates with more than 16 countries of the world among which are Germany, Austria, England, Denmark, Poland, France, the USA, Australia etc. SNAU signed 31 agreements with foreign partners regarding joint implementation of education programmes, programmes of science and technology cooperation, training of research workers.
Cooperation with German and Austrian partners is one the most important directions of international cooperation of SNAU. Among our partners are Farmer Union of Germany, University of Nürtingen, University of Weienstefan, “Agrospecialist” and “Apololo” associations, Austrian agroculture enterprise “Austrophy”, associations of Simmental cattle breeders of Lower Austria.
Cluster 6 includes:
A. Science and research institutions:
- State Science and Research Institute of Laboratory Diagnostics and Veterinary Examinations (Director -V. Zahrebelnyy, Assistant Sirector on scientifc work A. Mezhynskyy, Candidate of Veterinary Sciences, senior researcher, Head of bacteriology research section T. Harkavenko).
- Institute of Veterinary Medicine of NAASU (Director – Doctor of Veterinary Sciences V. Nychyk; Doctor of Veterinary Sciences V. Kovalenko).
- State Scientifc Control Institute of Biotechnology and Strains of Microorganisms of NAASU (Candidate of Biological Sciences, Head of microorganisms depositing section L. Akimenko).
- Poltava Research Station of pig breeding of NAASU (Director – Candidate of Agricultural Sciences O. Kravchenko).
- National University of Biological Resources and Environmental Management (Doctor of Veterinary Sciences, Professor O. Yakubchak, Head of Veterinary Examination Department).
- S. Z. Gzhyckyy Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies (Candidate of Veterinary Sciences V. Salata).
- Bila Tserkva National Agrarian University (Candidate of Veterinary Sciences, Head of Veterinary Examination Department of Institute of Post-Graduate Education of Veterinary Specialists N. Bohatko).
- Ternopil Research Station of Institute of Veterinary Medicine of NAASU (Candidate of Veterinary Sciences, Head of Laboratory M. Kukhtyn).
- Odesa Region State Laboratory of Veterinary Medicine (Director – Candidate of Veterinary Sciences O. Kahanets).
B. Business enterprises (SMEs, private companies):
- Association of Agricultural Producers and Processors of Sumy Region (Director General, Y. Nazarenko).
- Shostka City milk factory “Bel-Ukraine”.
- Bila Tserkva meat processing enterprise “Polis”.
- “Terezine” agriculture enterprise (Bila Tserkva district, Kyiv Region).
RESEARCH RESULTS of cluster representatives
- National legislation acts: technical regulations in the felds of animal health and of animal products safety;
- Recommendations and standards for production of high quality milk; text books and teaching aids for students of veterinary faculty;
- Development of the Program on management of safe and high quality milk production and cows’ health;
- Computerization of methods for controlling food dangers in animal products;
- Implementation of such new methodologies of international food legislation as risk assessment, HACCP system; forecasting microbiology; ‘from farm to fork’ control in the food chain and assessment of lifecycle;
- Study of microbiological dangers based on new methodology of microbiological risks assessment in agriculture primary products and in food products.
DIRECTIONS of research
- Study of microorganisms resistance under conditions of climate change;
- Study of bioflm appearance on milk processing equipment;
- Ecology of Enterobacteria zakazakii in food chain of milk products production;
- Use of silver nanoparticles for inactivation of microorganisms in milk and meat;
- Microbiological and chemical properties of honey, bees heatlh;
- Use of probiotic preparations in cows’ mastitis treatment;
- Development of ecological criteria for agricultural production in order to ensure ecological labelling of products;
- Improvement of forecasting microbiology methods;
- Study of cell and humoral immunity of cows depending on phenotype factors and their genotype;
- Harmonization of national legislative and regulation acts in the felds of food products safety and ecology.
Cluster suggested innovations:
- Study of microorganisms resistance and bioflms appearance on the milk processing equipment of dairy farms;
- Ecology of Enterobacteria zakazakii in the environment of a milk farm;
- Inactivation of unconditioned milk of dairy farms using silver nanoparticles;
- Methods of trunks treatment for prolongation of their shelf-life;
- Regional specifcs of bee fower honey;
- Use of probiotic preparation for cows’ mastitis treatment;
- Text books and teaching aids for the discipline “Microbiology of Milk and Milk Products”;
- Comparison of national and international methods of beef labelling;
- Method of forecasting Enterobacteria zakazakii number in fresh cow milk;
- System for analysis of somatic cells dynamics in healthy cows and cows sick with mastitis;
- Use of natural plant materials in cultured milk products technology.